Tourist Guide > What to see > Heritage of the Past > Architectural monuments



Bridge with statues of saints – Žďár nad Sázavou

The road leading from the town centre toward the chateau area goes over a Baroque three-arch stone bridge, which spans 40 metres across Stržský Creek near Konventní Pond. The bridge was built

Baroque bridge – Náměšť nad Oslavou

The Baroque bridge over the Oslava River was commissioned

Bridges with Statues of Saints – Brtnice

In the vicinity of Brtnice a



Town hall

(Bystřice nad Pernštejnem) In the building of the former town hall from 1809 there is currently a museum. The square is adorned with a plague column and a fountain with statues, which are dominated by two statues of the missionaries Cyril and Methodius. The first reference to the fountain dates from 1506. The Marian Column, d

The Gothic Tower

(Přibyslav) The most ancient object and dominant feature is the Gothic Tower dating from 1497. Nearby is a former hospital for women, dating from 1692. At preset the town museum and information centre is located here.

Malina´s House

(Havlíčkův Brod) Malina´s House with a richly segmented facade and a gable, reconstructed in late-baroque style.

The native house of J. A. Schumpeter

(Třešť) The native house of J. A. Schumpeter and premises of the J. A. Schumpeter Foundation are located in the town. J. A. Schumpeter was one of the most outstanding economists of the 20th century. He was the first Minister of Finance in Austria, an honorary professor of Harvard University and co-creator o

The Town Hall

(Jihlava) The Town Hall, adapted in the baroque style, came into being by joining three early Gothic houses. The Compact of Basil was ceremonially declared in front of the town hall on 5th July 1436. This ended the Hussite Wars in our lands.

Old Town Hall

(Černovice) In the square there used to be the Old Town Hall with Gothic elements with ribbing. The town was governed from here for almost 700 years. It was rebuilt into a cinema in 1966.

Series of renaissance and baroque houses

(Brtnice) Around the square there is a whole series of renaissance and baroque houses that document the developments in building and decorative elements from the beginning of the 17th century until the coming of the empire period. The town hall was built at the end of the 16th century.

Renaissance Town Hall

(Brtnice) The building originated in the Middle Ages. The present form is based on the extensive Renaissance reconstruction in the second half of the 16th century. A castellated façade with attic gable, windows with Renaissance flanning, portals in the gateway and several rooms with ribbed vaults are preser

The Old Town Hall

(Havlíčkův Brod) The Old Town Hall on the southern side of the square is a valuable Renaissance building, reconstructed in the 17th century. The facade ends in battlements; in the Renaissance gable there is the so-called Death of Brod. According to legend this was the figure of a treacherous watchman called Hnát, w

The Historical Heart of theTtown

(Havlíčkův Brod) The historical heart of the town is an urban conservation area. Houses with gables are preserved around almost the whole square and in the adjoining alleys. The buildings were made of bricks as early as the 13th century.

The Walls with Bastions

(Havlíčkův Brod) Preserved sections of walls with bastions belong to the fortifications from 1310 and from the last quarter of the 15th century, when the town had a double band of walls with a ditch.

Štáfl Bastion

(Havlíčkův Brod) The wall tower preserved from the original fortification. In the tower there are reminders of painter Otakar Štáfl, who worked in the city in the first half of the 20th century.

Plague Column and Fountain with the Figure of Triton

(Havlíčkův Brod) n the centre of the square there is a Plague Column from 1717 and a stone Koudela Fountain with the Figure of Triton ? apparently by the sculptor J. V. Prchal from the second half of the 18th century.

The New Town Hall

(Havlíčkův Brod) The New Town Hall, also called the Old Magistrate?s Office, dates from the 15th century. It was reconstructed in neo-baroque style at the end of the 19th century.

The Square

(Kamenice nad Lipou) The square is decorated with the Imperial Fountain, chiselled by the stonecutter Hraba of Jihlava in the mid-nineteenth century, the Statue of St. Wenceslas, installed by Marie Therrese of Goltz in 1765, the Memorial Tablet of the 750th anniversary of the town and the Memoria

The "U Zlatého lva" House

(Havlíčkův Brod) The "U Zlatého lva" House (The Golden Lion) with a built Gothic pillar built into the facade is the oldest pub in Havlíčkův Brod. Historical references to it date to the mid-sixteenth century.

Jan Žižka of Trocnov Monument

(Přibyslav) Commemorates the place where this famous Hussite commander died on the 11th of October 1424 (around 3 km north of the town).

Statue of T. G. Masaryk

(Bystřice nad Pernštejnem) In front of the T. G. Masaryk Elementary School there is a statue of T. G. Masaryk, created by Vincenc Makovský. It was unveiled in 1938. However, after two years it was removed and unveiled again after the Second World War. In 1961 it was removed once again. It returned to its pedestal for the thi

The Marian Column

(Černovice) Behind the church there is the Marian Column, which was brought here in the middle of the 1950s from the square, where it had stood from 1892. The column is to be put back in its original place in the square.

The Town Square

(Jihlava) The historical city centre is an urban conservation reserve. The sloping rectangular square is, thanks to its area (36,650 m2), one of the largest historical squares in the country. It is bordered with town houses on Gothic foundations. Furthermore, there is a baroque plague column and two stone fou

The City Walls and the Gate of Our Lady

(Jihlava) The City Walls were built around the emerging city shortly after its foundation. The three-kilometre fortifications was divided up by five gates, of which the Gate of Our Lady is preserved. The double wall tier was reconstructed into its baroque shape in the 17th century. The moat has been adapted i

 
 
Vysočina Tourism, příspěvková organizace
Na Stoupách 3
P.O.BOX 85
586 01 Jihlava
IČO: 28263693
webmaster@vysocinatourism.cz
www.vysocinatourism.cz
  
Vysočina info  What to see  Trip Suggestions  Where to stay  What to do   
Basic information
Importatnt Figures
Vysočina Extremes
Vysočina Facts
Edition
Information centre
Heritage of the Past
Natural Sights
Worth Seeing
Towns
Museums and Galleries
Observation Towers
Historical cities
Lookout Towers
Gastronomy
Children's Attractions
Trip Suggestions
Summer activities
Winter activities

        

Spolufinancováno Evropskou unií z Evropského fondu pro regionální rozvoj.