Tourist Guide > What to see > Heritage of the Past > Religious monuments

Premonstratensian Monastery with St Peter and St Paul’s Church – Nová Říše

The monastery grounds are situated on the outskirts of the town of Nová Říše, approx. 10 km east of Telč. The then c

Holy Trinity Pilgrimage Church Křemešník

(Vyskytná) The origin of the pilgrimage site on Křemešník Hill (765 metres above sea level) is linked with the periodic spring of mildly radioactive water that flows through argentiferous ore. It is thought that the former wooden chapel was built in 1555 on the behest of a Pelhřimov townsman as a sign of his gratitude for his rescue after his fall into a silver mine. A stone chapel was bui

Jesuit Monastery and Church of the Holy Name of Jesus – Telč

Thanks to the initiative and financial support from the widowed Františka Slavatová of Chlum and Košumberk, who summoned the Jesuit Order to the town, Jesuits could afford to build their own college, Tertianship House (currently building No. 2) with the adjacent Church of the Holy Name

Premonstratensian Monastery with the Nativity of the Virgin Mary Church – Želiv

The Želiv Monastery was founded for the Benedictines in as early as the 12th century by Bishop Otto, Czech Duke Soběslav and his wife Adelaide. However, they left Želiv after ten years. The community of Premonstratensians arrived in the early spring of 1149. During the pre-Hussite p

Jesuit Monastery and St Ignatius of Loyola Church – Jihlava

The former Jesuit College, St Ignatius’s Church with St Michael’s Seminary and a grammar school were founded in the first half of the 17th century

Lower Cemetery – Žďár nad Sázavou

The Lower Cemetery was built in close proximity to Žďár’s monastery in 1709. The cemetery is one of the first features that architect Jan Santini Aichel designed for the Žďár’s monastery. Based on Santini’s design, the cemetery was built on a skull-sh

Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary – Polná





The Decanal Church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary

(Havlíčkův Brod) The Decanal Church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary is a dominant feature of the town. It was built in the mid-thirteenth century and reconstructed several times before it gained its present form. Valuable frescoes are preserved in the early-baroque dome, a very precious central altar, a painting on

The Church of St. Margaret

(Jaroměřice nad Rokytnou) K. F. Toepper, Jean Baptiste and the painter Seglioni decorated the Church of St. Margaret in the chateau, which is connected to the main wing of the chateau.

Cemetery Church of St. John of Nepomuk

(Horní Cerekev) One of the dominant features of Horní Cerekev is the building of the Cemetery Church of St. John of Nepomuk. Formerly it was a chapel of St. Linhart from the 14th century. At the end of the 15th century the Léskovec family renovated it in a late Gothic style, so the chapel turned into a lit

Dean´s Church of the Elevation of the Holy Cross

(Černovice) The Dean´s Church of the Elevation of the Holy Cross stands in place of St. Catherine´s Chapel. The present form of the church dates from 1737, when the Kinskis rebuilt it after a fire in 1730. They also donated statues of Czech patrons for the side altars. The church was surrounded by a graveyard

Church of Annunciation of Our Lady

(Horní Cerekev) Another building and cultural sight is the Church of Annunciation of Our Lady. Originally a wooden church with two towers, it was rebuilt in stone. After a fire in 1821, which destroyed both the towers and bells, only one of them was built again. The interior of the church and its furniture are mos

The Parish Church of St. James the Elder

(Jihlava) The Parish Church of St. James the Elder was consecrated in 1256. The interior, adapted in baroque style, contains Gothic sculptures and a Renaissance gilded font. The gallery of the north tower is open to the public in the summer months.

The Dominican Church of Elevation of the Holy Cross

(Jihlava) The Dominican Church of Elevation of the Holy Cross was started in French Gothic style and finished under the influence of the Gothic style of Parléř. It was taken over for military purposes in 1871 along with the monastery. The Czechoslovak Hussite Church presently uses it. A part of the monaster

Viewing Tower of the Church of St. James the Elder

(Jihlava) Building of the north tower (63 m), which served as a watchtower, was finished at the beginning of the 14th century. The gallery is at 40m and offers a view of the wider surroundings. The Tourist information center organize of the sightseeing. The contact: Masarykovo square 2.

The Church of All Saints

(Kamenice nad Lipou) The Church of All Saints was founded at the beginning of the 13th century. It went through a whole series of constructional changes and was damaged several times by fire. The tombstones of local noble families on the outer walls of the church date from the 16th and 17th centuries ? formerly they wer

The baroque Church of St. John the Baptist

(Přibyslav) The baroque Church of St. John the Baptist was consecrated on 24. 7. 1853.

Statues of St. Wenceslas and St. John of Nepomuk

(Černovice) Statues of St. Wenceslas and St. John of Nepomuk have been located on the Pršín Bridge since 1924, when they were transferred from the bridge in front of the chateau where they had stood from 1730.

Baroque Church of the Ascension of the Virgin Mary

(Habry) The historical sights in Habry include, in particular, a baroque Church of the Ascension of the Virgin Mary, which was built here in 1384. The second most important sight is the St. Florián Sculptural Group from 1713, which is situated in front of the entrance to the church.

The Sculptural Group and The Baroque Sculptures

(Jaroměřice nad Rokytnou) In the square there is the Sculptural Group of the Trinity and on the bridge across the Rokytná River there is a group of baroque sculptures - St. Mary Magdalene, St. John of Nepomuk, a Pieta, and St. John Sarkander.

The Church of St. Lawrence

(Bystřice nad Pernštejnem) The Church of St. Lawrence is the dominant feature of the town. It was founded in the 13th century. It was rebuilt many times over the centuries. It got its present form during reconstructions at the end of the 17th century. The two fore towers were built in 1750; during reconstructions after a fire

The Chateau Church

(Brtnice) The builder of the original evangelical chapel, consecrated to St. Matthew in 1588, was Hynek Brtnický of Wallenstein. In 1629 the Collalto family began reconstruction according to the plans of architect G. B. Pieroni. The interior was reshaped and two chapels were added, which gave the church the

Parish Church of St. James the Greater

(Brtnice) It forms the dominant element of the town?s historical quarter. It was built around 1727 on Gothic foundations. A fire in 1760 destroyed it to such an extent that between 1776 and 1784 almost a whole new building had to be built. Rare artistic relics are to be found in the church. Among the most pr

The Church of the Holy Family

(Havlíčkův Brod) The Church of the Holy Family was built as a part of the Augustinian monastery between 1679 and 1705. Building work was started by the Italian builder Jan Baptista Dominik Canavalli and finished by the builder Daniel Měnický from Chrudim. On the northern side it is extended with a Chapel of the Ho

The Church of St. Adalbert

(Havlíčkův Brod) The Church of St. Adalbert ? today reconstructed in late-Gothic style since the end of the 16th century, originally a Gothic church from the 13th century.

The Parish Church of St. Martin

(Třešť) The Parish Church of St. Martin is the most ancient monument in the town. It was established in the 13th century. Its construction was completed in the 15th century and later it was reconstructed in baroque style. A local master bricklayer, Jakub Lysý, considerably contributed to this reconstructio

The Church of St. Kateřina

The Church of St. Kateřina was founded as a German Lutheran church in the 16th century. In the 18th century its presbytery was rebuilt. The inner furnishings of the church originate from the 19th century. On the outer wall there are two late Renaissance tombs..

The baroque Church of the Holy Trinity

(Havlíčkův Brod) At the end of the 19th century the city orchard was founded. At its border stands the baroque Church of the Holy Trinity, a site with a remarkable composition and a three-sided Chapel of the Holy Cross.

The Church of St. Catherine

(Havlíčkův Brod) The Church of St. Catherine ? built in Gothic style in the 13th century on the site of a former ford, later reconstructed, originally serving as a hospital church.

Church of the Holy Trinity

(Bystřice nad Pernštejnem) The Cemetery Church of the Holy Trinity was built in 1615 by Jan Čejka of Olbramovice. It was originally evangelical. After the Battle of the White Mountain it was closed and re-opened only in 1719.

The Sight of Sacred

(Golčův Jeníkov) The Church of St. Francis the Seraphic dates from 1827. The Cemetery Church of St. Margaret was founded in the 14th century; on the northern side you can see remnants of a Gothic portal. The deanship was founded around 1657, originally serving as a Jesuit residence. Go

The Minorite Church of Assumption of Virgin Mary

(Jihlava) The Minorite Church of Assumption of Virgin Mary is one of the oldest stone buildings in the city. Inside the church is preserved in its original form (huge late-Romanesque pillars, fragments of Gothic paintings, statues of female saints).

Jesuit Church of St. Ignatius

(Jihlava) The interior of the Jesuit Church of St. Ignatius hosts an exceptionally precious sculpture: a Přemyslid cross from the beginning of the 14th century. Organ music concerts are regularly held in the church.

 
 
Vysočina Tourism, příspěvková organizace
Na Stoupách 3
P.O.BOX 85
586 01 Jihlava
IČO: 28263693
webmaster@vysocinatourism.cz
www.vysocinatourism.cz
  
Vysočina info  What to see  Trip Suggestions  Where to stay  What to do   
Basic information
Importatnt Figures
Vysočina Extremes
Vysočina Facts
Edition
Information centre
Heritage of the Past
Natural Sights
Worth Seeing
Towns
Museums and Galleries
Observation Towers
Historical cities
Lookout Towers
Gastronomy
Children's Attractions
Trip Suggestions
Summer activities
Winter activities

        

Spolufinancováno Evropskou unií z Evropského fondu pro regionální rozvoj.